Snug Haven Resort

Stoty

Has anyone been to this resort before?

I'll be there this weekend, and am wondering if I should bring my boat with me?

How's the fishing? Are there crappie/walleye around?

Is there anything in the water to look out for?

I have a GPS unit in the boat, but want to see if there's anything that isnt listed on those maps.

Any help is much appreciated!

*Stoty

Edited by Stoty

it's georgian bay - there's fish.... and rocks :whistling: many of which are not on the map. there's a reason why most boats on the bay are aluminum. stay home!

Edited by Raf

Guest gbfisher

Snug haven I think you mean. Crappy and Walleye? Sure there is. Not exactly the best place I can say for the two you mentioned. If it is your first time up that way and unless you have been told of a place to go. Plan a weekend or two and explore. Just slowly and with another person. There's just about every kind of fish in that Area, just not close together is all. You have to travel in different directions and up to an hours worth of boating to find what you are targeting.

Good luck!.... :D

Ya, its my first time there.

Doesnt have to be walleye/crappie, it can be trout too I guess.

Basically whatever is open, I'm game for!

Thing is...I'll have the GF with me this weekend, so we need to get on some fish or she will get bored, fast! lol

Guest gbfisher

Go where you know then is all I have to say. Pike fishing would be your best bet right now though. Its easy and you should catch some. Bobber fishing is good as it is HANDS FREE.... :D

Why not try a resort in the Kawarthas...Rice....sturgeon....buckhorn....balsam are all good ones that are marked well.

tough to catch trout with no rod holders and a 200hp motor :D

generally speaking, you have to "fish" for whatever you're trying to catch on gbay. unless you're drifting a worm harness :lol:

like gb says, pike will probably be your best bet. if you're serious about fishn the bay, take next weekend to explore that's how we all learned, don't concern yourself too much with putting fish in the boat & realize the limitations of your rig out there...

Why not try a resort in the Kawarthas...Rice....sturgeon....buckhorn....balsam are all good ones that are marked well.

I would have gladly booked a place on a lake that I know, but I'm going with my GF and her friends. Her friend's dad owns the place, so we're going there.

Looking at the map, I am assuming that I will make the run (if its calm) into the Bay by Killbear PP.

Is that my best bet for Pike around that area?

Guest gbfisher

Well...if thats the case. Your GF's friends Dad should be able to help you out with what you are after. What ever that may be. Should be good!!

Edited by gbfisher