Lake Mesomikenda, near Gogama

express168

Well me and my son are going to Klondike Lodge on Lake Mesomikenda near Gogama at the end of June for 3 days. Anybody ever fished this lake? Any info would be great, would love to keep the little guy busy catching numbers not so much size. Could be anything walleye, bass, pike. Thanks .

been there many times but haven't fished too hardcore, i've fished mostly lakers at the end ur lodge is at, take a left go under the bridge and there a good shoal at the point on ur left hand side, i think that end is called southcamp lake or bay or something, i've fished for pickeral here and there for fun and have caught some decent ones just out of the narrows towards the camps, it's a looooong lake so lots of water to explore, don't know much for spots but there's lots of camps on the lake so watch where others will be fishing,

a ways up on ur left there's a finger the name escapes me right now, before the dam, (it's a sanctuary in the spring) i think alot of peope fish there,

i'm pretty sure just casting along the shore near ur lodge u should be able to pick up small bass fairly easy,

wish i could help you more, but like i said haven't fished much other than downriggin lakers

good luck, might even see you out there

Edited by walleyejigger

Was only there once but it was a fun trip. Lots of pike and bass in that lake. I'd say try all the points with search type baits (spinnerbaits, rattletraps, jerkbaits) and when you find some, then work it over a bit with tubes and drop-shots. Very standard smallmouth fishing. We caught pike incidentally just about everywhere. No giants for us, but it looked like there would be some in there.

This was like 8-9 years ago though.

Have fun.