Toronto Maple Leafs vs Barrie Baycats

Hey Guys,

I went down to Christie Pits in Toronto to see the home opener of the Maple Leafs of the Intercounty Baseball League......for those that don't know, the ICBL is a Independent Pro ball league in Ontario (yes they are pro because they get paid peanuts to play)....

Anyway, I also was able to meet two Hall of Fame Pitchers while I was down there - Juan Marichal and Bob Feller....

Here are some pics

Juan Marichal

3500926072_44f7fc2a00_b.jpg

Bob Feller

3500116173_2c8531833f_b.jpg

Now to the game!

Home run swing - this guy hit a mammoth shot for a grand slam...

3499747316_fa6619a5fa_b.jpg

Former Blue Jay Paul Spoljaric

3498940055_edfbaf7e7b_b.jpg

Double Play Ball

3498960677_b6bdafc716_b.jpg

It was a great day for baseball...forget hockey! Play Ball!

Wow, i live right by there and for the first time in 10 yrs. i stopped by with my daughter and watched that game.

Liked watching a pro game while sitting in the grass, my 6 yr old daughter loved it. :thumbsup_anim:

Didn't know Bob Feller and Juan Marichal were there.

The daughter wants to go next Sunday at 2pm she enjoyed the experience so much!

Strange that you posted this after my first time watching there. Cool pics :clapping: The Juan Marichal pic is awesome.

I get to the pit as often as I can to support the boys. After the May 2 4 weekend I'm usually fishing up north on Sundays, but weekday evening games I'm there. I buy a dog and a pop, tickets for the draw and get some great baseball. I don't have kids, but if I did, I know where I'd be taking them to check out a ball game. IT'S FREE!!!

I must sound like a IBL commercial but I gotta tell ya, if you have little people, bring em down there. The boys don't mind talking to you and your kids. It's a family friendly league.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

That grand slam was hardly mamoth. The field is 360ft center field. That shot was just a fly ball out in a regulation field. Oh well, home field advantage.

My work colleague pitched 2 innings in that game.