Pike Fishing Near Oshawa

MCTFisher9120

Looking to try for some pike in Zone 17 once pike opens up May9th(Second Sat.), all i can really see on the regulations map for this zone is lake O, rice lake and scugog. Now i know scugog has no pike and Rice lake is a little to far for a hour or two of fishing so does lake O have any good pike fishing off shore? Located in Oshawa and looking to travel up to 30mins away. Any areas that can be recommended for me?

Thanks,

Mike :)

Looking to try for some pike in Zone 17 once pike opens up May9th(Second Sat.), all i can really see on the regulations map for this zone is lake O, rice lake and scugog. Now i know scugog has no pike and Rice lake is a little to far for a hour or two of fishing so does lake O have any good pike fishing off shore? Located in Oshawa and looking to travel up to 30mins away. Any areas that can be recommended for me?

Thanks,

Mike :)

the areas that come to mind are frenchmans bay, and whitby harbour. ive also seen someone catch a small hammerhandle at mclaughlin bay. theres probably pike in bowmanville harbour too. basically any lake O harbour near the dirty shwa that holds some green weeds should also be holding some pike. good luck!