Started to pack my stuff

ben306

Well with it getting closer to me getting there (10 days now) I've started to get my bits together and been packing a few minimal essentials so that I can get fishing pretty quickly.

I have plenty of gear so its abit hard to try and narrow everything down that can fit in my one case Im allowed and not to much as Im only allowed 20kgs on the plane, and all my other stuff, clothes etc has to be in that!!

Im use to having something for everything when it comes to fishing, To give you an idea, this is what I would take for a normal days fishing.

Fishinggear.jpg

Anyhow, managed to narrow everything down to this

Fishingset.jpg

Rod = 10' Masterline Ideal XL spin rod, 4 piece travel rod (32inchs when down into sections). Casts 15-35g and should have enough backbone to catch carp and the like aswell.

Reel = Shakespeare XK3000, with 3 spools running 6lb, 8lb and 12lb. Had this reel a while and used it as my feeder rod reel, its got plenty of grunt but small and agile enough to be constantly reeling in.

Fishingrod.jpg

On top of this I'm bringing a couple of spools of line for hooklinks, selection of hooks, waggler floats, shot weight, lures - plugs, spinners, few softbaits and spoons, made up some wire traces, forceps and the trusty swiss army knife.

Fishingfloats.jpg

And the Lures, just need to dig out a few more spoons and spinners.

Fishinglures.jpg

So all in thats taking up 2kg's of my 20kg allowance for luggage, I'll just have to leave a few pairs of socks at home haha.

I'll be getting myself a licence and folding net when I get there but other than that I think Im sorted.

So what do you guys think, am I along the right lines with what Im bringing??