help me find a place to fish in toronto an surrounding

Guest buick14

Guest buick14

HI all,

fishing at this time of year for me is always difficult, I can never locate fish, water temp is still low etc etc

Grenadier pond i always come up empty handed, humber river marsh nothing....further upstream where you can see the fish doesnt really appeal to me........

I was wondering if anybody can steer me to a place where I can will have better luck getting fish, sheepshead, channel cats whatever! I dont really care.....

I heard dunnville dam for cats, but what would I use to be successful?

I am located in toronto and would like to catch some species I normally dont target.....

another question couple of questions as well, is trout officially open now? When does Pike open also? And I have seen people fish by the first little dam at marie curtis park in etobicoke creek....is there any fish there ever?

thank you very much in advance!

If you have a car, head north of Toronto.

Most people from your area are very tight lipped on the few good spots there are in TO. Mainly because theres allot of begginers who troll on this board like little rats, espetially from Toronto area. Best advice I can offer for you: http://www.digital-topo-maps.com/ then click the MyTopo button on the map. Try to find some water close to where you are and go from there.

Do you have a boat? Canoe? Kayak? Vehicle?

Goto the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources website, or a local store that sells fishing licences. They have the fishing regulations there. Ive seen a couple people asking about the regs before on here recently, maybe the mods need to make a stickey of them because its getting a bit mind boggling how people will fish, but yet they cannot tell you what open or closed, how many they are allowed to keep, how many hooks they are allowed to use, how many poles they are allowed to use, ect ect ect ect ect ect ect.

Edited by xeon

Not quite sure what you normally target, but most of the creeks, stream and rivers running into the Great Lakes are steamin with fish.

As to Trout seasons, that all depends where you want to fish..

All the Great Lakes most species are open ALL year...

Now the rivers are different. Check here for Regulations

Good Luck and Enjoy Ontario's waterways...

Nipper

Edited by Nippissinger

If you don't mind trying some new species, as you say, there is some good carp fishing. Over all, because of the water rats posting 'where can I catch lots of fish' posts on local boards, as xeon mentioned, the best way to find out what's going on is to get out fishing and talk to guys. I fish from Lake Simcoe down through the Niagara region and getting out there on the water has been the best way to meet people and learn.

If you have a car, head north of Toronto.

Most people from your area are very tight lipped on the few good spots there are in TO. Mainly because theres allot of begginers who troll on this board like little rats, espetially from Toronto area. Best advice I can offer for you: http://www.digital-topo-maps.com/ then click the MyTopo button on the map. Try to find some water close to where you are and go from there.

hey, careful what your saying :P lol

I my be a newbie to the board asking about areas in Toronto, but its only cos Im not there yet to find out for myself haha.

Im far from being a little rat or beginner. Got 20 years fishing under my belf and if I can fish well and constantly do well in competitions in the UK Im betting I can adapt out there.

Anyhow, only pulling your chain, just after a head start as to where to head

hey, careful what your saying :P lol

I my be a newbie to the board asking about areas in Toronto, but its only cos Im not there yet to find out for myself haha.

Im far from being a little rat or beginner. Got 20 years fishing under my belf and if I can fish well and constantly do well in competitions in the UK Im betting I can adapt out there.

Anyhow, only pulling your chain, just after a head start as to where to head

Dont worry, No offense taken.

And the rats dont make any posts. Theres a reason why people blur the backgrounds of the photos on here.