Windsor fishing

charlied

I will be in windsor next weekend. Can you float fish the detroit river? or is there no current.

Umm.... Have you never been to the Detroit river ? Its about half - 3 quarters of a kilometer wide. And it HAS a current ! haha A STRONG CURRENT !

I dont know fly fishing, so maybe there is places you can float fish... but I doubt it !

the detroit river has strong currents and spring flow. you would be better casting a jig and twister for walleyes . live bait is an option also. theres plenty of parkland to fish from.monnows would be the key. also you could try some canals for panfish with floats. awesome for gills, crappies, pike.

Umm.... Have you never been to the Detroit river ? Its about half - 3 quarters of a kilometer wide. And it HAS a current ! haha A STRONG CURRENT !

I dont know fly fishing, so maybe there is places you can float fish... but I doubt it !

Nope never been near the Detroit river, that would be why I asked!

What outlaw said. There is public parkland just east of the Ambassador Bridge and Wallys Bait is on Sandwich St. just west of the bridge, but the Canadian side of the river is very dirty right now. The better fishing has been on the American side but you need a Michigan license for that. Hopefully our side will clean up soon.