Spring Steel Still On

Out at my second favorite tributary ths Monday Morning. Only saw about 5 guys and a gal out there. I guess not everyone got the extended long weekend. The fish were there although not seen and not in the big pools. All four fish hit so soft there was next to no indicaiton with the float. Got two of the smaller chrome in. The larger ones broke off after gettiing close to the fallen brush.

This morning's hen. For a smaller steelie she was bloated full(shot off after release upeam. Hopefully past two folks who didnt know about fishing regs. But reluctantly left the pool north of the Bridge)

Just for you who don't know 1877 TIPS MNR for reporting. Called yesterday on eight...yes...eight north of the CNR on Duffins

Sounds like a good day on the water. If you are releasing a fish it is best to keep it in the water and snap a quick pic from while it is semi-submerged. A fish flopping in the mud for sure sustains considerable damage.

I don't mean to put a damper on your post and a great day of fishing, but good C&R is critical to all our fisheries! ;)

Paul