Experience at Dog Lake , Fox Den's Lodge ????

plkazoo

We are thinking of a June fishing trip to Dog Lake's Fox Den Lodge in the Village of Missanabie

( Northeast of Wawa ). Does anyone have any first hand experience they could share? How is the fishing in that lake ? What about the Lodge..is it well run ?

Your advise is appreciated.

Plkazoo

I live in NH now and in 2006 we went to Temagami which is about 60 miles north of North Bay. When I lived in Gobles we went to Namakan Lake on the ON/MN border. When I moved out here I quit that for a few years then went back for two weeks trips to make the fishing days more in line with the travel days. Place where we stayed in Western ON closed in 2005 which is one of the reasons I was looking at Dog Lake.

Don't know if this will help much as we were there back in the late 90's but we did go back two years in a row. David Bogue, the owner had just purchased it prior to our first year and still owns it. I usually figure that if a lodge owner is doing things right and fishing is good then their continuing to run the place usually indicates satisfied fishermen. Dog is a fairly large body of water with lots of spots to try. There was/is a lot of fish sanctuaries on it and fishing adjacent to them can be very good, just don't get caught fishing in them.

I remember the food as being very good and accommodations were more than adequate, equipment was in good condition and everyone while we were there had a good time. I would recommend taking a gps to mark your more productive areas and of course a fish finder is necessary to determine structure.

Edited by Garyv