Polarized Fishing Glasses

MCTFisher9120

. I think by the time they get to you you could have bought a better pair somewhere locally, and have a chance to try them on to see how you like them.

ryan

You are absolutly right my friend...stopped by Mark's Worm Warehouse for some 1 3/4 inch Fin S shads and some 1/16 ounce lunker jigs and Mark had a bunch of the "Fitovers" for $19.99 Got me a pair of them...a bit tight going on (prob loosen up in time) but very comfortable to wear and what a difference !!!

Dropped by the new Kawartha Lakes Outdoors store in town and met Paul Clark and his dad (I think it was his dad)...They didn't have exactly what I wanted but they do have a good selection of stuff...If anybody is in Bobcaygeon and want to check them out they are in the back of the building where McDoos restaurant is opposite the Municipal parking lot...

My bro-in-law (uncle Dave) is coming here Friday for a few days of crappie fishing (got any venison pepperettes Meely? Or were they Joe's?)...we will both have a look at both stores then...He loves to buy real ugly lookin' lures... :whistling: ...you should see the apartment size tackle boxes he lugs around...full of Ugly Lures :lol:

Edited by Beans

I also need corrective eye wear while fishing too. What I used to do was go buy a regular pair of polarized sunglasses from BPS and take it to my optometrist and ask him to come of with the lens to fit frame ( cut shape of the lens to fit). You'd be surprised how cheap that was... it's usually the frame that costs the big bucks.

My optometrist sold frames but I pointed out to him none of the frames blocked light from coming in through the sides. So he spoke to the lab techs and they made it happen !!!

Just tell them you need a pair of frames that blocks the light from coming in through the side of the face.

If you decided to try this route check the thickness of your lenses around the bottom. If it's thick you might have to choose a thicker frame. If not then your ok with a narrower frame cause this is what's going to hold your lens. I think BPS has cheap fishing sunglasses on sale for $6 bucks I picked up two. Cause I'll be updating my presciption soon as well.

One thing they pointed out... the sunglasses that have a single panel that blocks the light on the side of the frame is better than the wrap around ones when it comes to prescriptions. Cause when they do the wrap around with a prescription lens you might get distortions looking through the side of the lens. Can make you dizzy after a while.

And don't worry if the frame doesn't have sqrews to put the lenses in the frame. They melted my frame and put the frame back to its original shape with the prescription polarized lens in it flawlessly. Truely amazing !!

I had a pair of the Cocoons(til I left them on the bumper of my truck and drove off :angry: ). They were great imo. After a full day of wearing them, they tended to get heavy on my face and hurt the backs of my ears, but it's to be expected when wearing 2 pairs of glasses...

Other than wearing regular polarized glasses with contact lenses, it's the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.