Best method for removing paint ?

Lunker777

In all honesty I just wanna clarify something. There's obviously more than one way to skin a cat... we all know that (well us muskie guys do anyhow..). What Bryan stated "that paint won't stick if you use stripper" is all I was pointing out and what threw me for a loop. How the paint comes off has nothing to do with it sticking. Bryon likes blasting and that is fine.. IF the aluminum is thick enough to take that abuse (which it never is with what I deal with day in day out) then go ahead and blast it... BUT.. you have to get your primer on within an hour of blasting or else you'll just be going thru the same prep steps as you would if you had of used paint stripper. So if you can't start painting the minute you vacuum the blasting residue away... then the removal process becomes a mute point. Follow the paint manufactures process and Bob's your Uncle. The interlux that Art linked to is some great stuff.

Edited by irishfield

Wayne we use that same stripper in our body shop at work.The guys call it aircraft stripper.They use it mostly on aluminum hoods and trunks,Once stripped a good wash down soap and water then some other chemical and prime and paint.