canoeing help....

codered

Hey guys

I was looking for a canoe for fishing and paddeling streams rivers with my wife this season.

I have canoed before butt i would like something i could putt a small motor on probaly a electric ..

i would probaly fish out of it also most of the time ..

does any have any good ideas?

I was looking into a coleman 16' butt i have heard bad reviews on stability...

thx guys any advice would be great.....

Go Sportspal. Greatest fishing canoe ever. Super stable and light, my 14' transom model weighs 58lbs. Doesn't paddle well, but if your thinking electric motor, it doesn't matter. This will be my 15th summer with mine.

http://www.bwmarineproducts.com/canoes.htm

could not agree more ! although i don't advise this but,,in no other canoe could 2 adults stand and throw heavy pike baits at the same time. she's unsinkable, ultra-wide and super lightweight .mine came with a trolling motor bracket for a V back and if you so-wish the mod's for a sail. she's so wide she comes with oars not paddles. best money spent !!

Actually I've got a 16' Sportspal flatback and use it with my 2 horse Honda.

I'll agree they're great boats, very light and stable, but I'd never want to paddle one.

I've also used the 16' Coleman Y- stern. It's way heavier but also incredibly stable and much more comfortable than the Sportspal.

If weight isn't an issue and you can get a deal on the Coleman I'd go for it.

All things considered the ultimate imo would be a 16' Grumman aluminum y-stern canoe.

Super tough, very stable and light and much cleaner lines. It's a much nicer canoe to paddle especially on rivers.

Hard to find one though, they don't make them anymore and all the old bush rats up north who have one hold onto them.

Actually I've got a 16' Sportspal flatback and use it with my 2 horse Honda.

I'll agree they're great boats, very light and stable, but I'd never want to paddle one.

I've also used the 16' Coleman Y- stern. It's way heavier but also incredibly stable and much more comfortable than the Sportspal.

If weight isn't an issue and you can get a deal on the Coleman I'd go for it.

All things considered the ultimate imo would be a 16' Grumman aluminum y-stern canoe.

Super tough, very stable and light and much cleaner lines. It's a much nicer canoe to paddle especially on rivers.

Hard to find one though, they don't make them anymore and all the old bush rats up north who have one hold onto them.

I'll second the 16' Grumman. I have one of these and it's awesome. I have seen some on kijiji so keep your eyes open.

Our family has a 16' Novacraft Prospector ....... made right in London Ontario. It's made from an incredibly durable material called Royalex. We have been down the Grand many times bashing of rocks etc and we literally can't kill this thing. It steers very well and very quickly (no keel) which is great for river running. If you're running only calm water I'd buy something like a tripper (low,full keel etc.), but a 16' Royalex Prospector is a very versatile canoe that is incredibly stable. I have two kids and all four of us (wife too) go out and have never dumped it. Besides you could stand up and cast. What else could you want? Here's a link to their site and a great description of different models/materials and their uses. Check it out http://www.novacraft.com/ .