Cherish your children

lew

Like many Canadians, I too have been following the news on this story. Last night i picked up my wife and daughter at the Buffalo Airport after a vacation in Florida. As I walked in my daughter (8 yrs old) spotted me from about 100 feet away and bolted towards me, jumped in my arms and gave me a weeks worth of hugs. A moment I will cherish and remember forever.

Lew, you are not out of line. Like others I have had many scares, and still do, with my daughter.

Every terminally ill child I meet turns me inside out, emotionally

For those who have lost their little one's. I know that feeling where your heart is sitting at the back of your throat and ready to burst. We try to deal with it one day at a time here and be thankful for the good days. There are many sleepless nights and days where I am scared s---less.

I have one fully grown son who is healthy. He may think we take him for granted some times because so much attention is focused on his sister. We are just so thankful he is healthy.

Sorry for the self-indulgence. Been another rough week with the daughter.

Bruce don't hesitate to ask if you need something. I tried to avoid this thread cause of the lose of monitarie reasons . I lost a niece to bone cancer a while back and dread thinking about it to this day. Now having a son of my own I just try to avoid some of the tragedy's of life. And please don't get me wrong I don't mean only the health ones but the accidents that happen. So I tend not to read to many of these threads. This time I'm glad I did believe it or not, and Bruce if you need anything just let me know, my friend.

Edited by smokin joe

alex.jpgThe young man in the photo is my oldest son he is 9 years old, at 6 months old he had open heart surgery to correct two heart defects. There is not a day that goes by that I don't tell him how much I love him and his little brother.