Most You've Ever Spent

ADB

went to B.P and spent 5 bills on a sage fly reel and 4 on a sage fly rod, 100 bucks for the line another 100 on a fish pond chest pack, so 1100 right there not to mention that i bought my first boat at the end of summer, 18' 2002 fish hawk. spending money on fishing doesnt bother me because it is something that i truly love, its not about the money at all.

the money

back in '95 I bought 2 rods reels and equipment totally close to a grand , back then it was the shimano quickclick2 reel and although I hadn't fished in years I went out this 1 weekend to a trib was carrying the rod to close to the ground and snapped the top part off.....really it casted better after that but seriously I think Im going to invest in a st croix set up !

I bought gear for a while, most expensive single item was less than $225. Then I decided I oughta get dressed, then bought a Nautilus 1000 floater one piece, and the BP 100 mph goretex suit. The bps suit pushed the record upwards, but it was worth the cheek chewing.

If you're not warm and dry, it's not fun for me.

I spent over $4000 getting graphs, chips, networking cables, chargers, and trolling motor....then went and bought 2 optima DM31's for over $700.....then placed an order for over $2800 with Shimano in the same week. I was going to buy a 4 wheeler but I figured I would gear up the boat for bass season with the money I had and wait a year and see if the price dropped.....then the US exchange kicked in a 28% increase. At least my jeep can get almost anywhere the 4 wheeler would have.

RR

P.S. it's an expensive hobby if you do it right!

In 1978 I bought an ugly stick and a Mitchell reel for about a $100.00 while working in Uranium City. I used ttat same rod and reel for one year on Lake Atabasca where I caught a gazillion big "big northerns" and fifteen years on McKenzie Island of Red Lake in Nortwest Ontario including two years guiding at a fly in outpost where i caugth a gazillion pickerel. I broke my only rod in 1998 after I moved to Sudbury in 96. I have purchased and broken four rods since and reels in the last ten years. I used only jigs and spoons and for years made my own jigs. Needless to say I spend very little on gear and tackle. Last year I bought a boat. motor and trailer package for $8000. I have spent $100 on tackle in the last year to outfit my four kids. Yeah I'm cheap and the kids are complaining they are not catching any fish so I guess it will be back to the tackle store this spring.