Salmon River East of Belleville

sunchaser81

Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me what fish I can expect to catch in the Salmon R. east of Belleville. I want to do some canoeing on it, sometime this summer and thought I would also do some fishing as well. I will likely put in somewhere around the 401 unless there is a better stretch of the river. I am not looking for hot spots for fish, just if one stretch of the river is better for canoeing and or fishing.

thanks in advance

sunchaser81

Thanks fishinFanatic69, but I am looking for info on the Salmon River just east of Belleville Ont.

sunchaser81

sorry man I did what every other dude on this board does " search" outfitters and such that will definately tell you what to expect to catch in their river! as outiftters they say " ooh lets go fishing and not tell their clients what to expect to catch well! I say do a search for a outfitter or I can just post links to some Either way ....have fun kayaking and YES look for a bait shop near the area your fishing "yellowpages.ca " will help you ! Good luck and happy fishing!

Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me what fish I can expect to catch in the Salmon R. east of Belleville

thanks in advance

sunchaser81

Couldn't tell you exact spots, but you could catch bass, pike, catfish, panfish and maybe walleye there; when in season.

Sunchaser. As you cannot park on the 401 you wouldn't be able to put in there. But if you take Shannonville rd and follow it down you come to hwy 2. Go straight through and there is a park there. You can put in and travel down to the BOQ. There is also a small side lake you can hit. In here are bass, perch walleye and pike. The water is usally smooth unless it is a west wind.

Now if you do look around just upstream there is a dam. I do not know about putting in there but you could ask the people at the store.

Good luck.

Edited by davew3