Goose hunters

misfish

it was on the Toronto 6 oclock news on Global Star choice channel 331. A member of the Senate I believe wants to have a cull to harvest Canada geese to feed the hungry.There are so many in the parks and beaches around TO that they are the reason for beeches being closed and the messy shoreline from you know what. They use dogs to try and scare the geese away. Of course there was opposition to the idea. They didn't really say whether the idea was going to go any further. I happen to think it's a heck of a good idea!

It was featured on ch 24 as well. My first reaction------------wouldnt the anti's have a field day with that. Remember the uproar about the cormorant cull, and they werent even going to be used as food.

I caught the last bit of the news thingy... they had someone talking about how it was degrading enough to have to go to a shelter, but to then have to eat "dirty" birds... My god, I'm glad I don't live in TO.

Goose is excellent table fare. Much better for you than the crap they sell in the supermarket these days.

I caught the last bit of the news thingy... they had someone talking about how it was degrading enough to have to go to a shelter, but to then have to eat "dirty" birds... My god, I'm glad I don't live in TO.

Goose is excellent table fare. Much better for you than the crap they sell in the supermarket these days.

yeah I forgot about the "dirty bird" comment, I would love an explanation to what that means, anybody have any idea?