i knew it was windy wednesday......

walleyejigger

Got a call last night around 8PM from a buddy that i should go check out my ice hut, and he had a chuckle in his voice, said he'd meet me there, i thought i had got broken into and thought what an ass he was for laughin at me, she was pretty cold last night and had a little wind to her so i dressed up nice and toasty, got there to find my hut on it's side, now this is a good sized (8x10) hut and heavy to boot, 2x3 walls 2x4 ceiling with 1/2" ply on all surfaces, tin on the roof, 2x6 floor with 5/8 t&g covering, 2x8 skis, a steel door and 3 large windows, and all the junk inside, but mother nature got the best of me,

we tied a big rope on the high end ski to the truck and gave her a pull, but the lake was glare ice and we were just skidding it across, so i took the axe and cut a trench in the ice along the floor so it had an edge to grab, put some slack in the rope and gave her another big tug and she toppled back over, thank got for 4x4,

thankfully only a little damage to the tin on the roof and my stove pipe is squished like a pancake, other than that all is good, (other than the war zone inside) LOL

so looks like i'll be pullin her off this weekend or early next week,

wanted to take pics but forgot my camera and phone at home