Thinking Cuba for a week vacation :)

cityfisher

Hi all,

Im thinking of Either Cayo coco, Cayo Guellermo or even Cayo Santa maria for a week all inclusive vacation in Early April.

Ive never been to cuba and though id give it a try since they have great beachs and I heard decent DIY fishing...

Last couple years ive been going to Jamaica, Cozumel, or dominican.

Has anyone been to any of these locations during that time of the year? how is the fishing on these small islands.

Im looking for something that I could fish near the resort or within a short drive away.. .Fishing from the beach would be ideal.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

*** My gf is trying to get us to go in early may and im like " You crazy ! I cant miss Walleye opener then pike opener then whitefish opener ! Ontario is prime in may ! :)

Edited by cityfisher

most the popular resorts are on the north shore of the island (as are the hotties!!) , the best fishing can be found on the southfacing shore.

its a tough call so take your pick!

ive rented paddleboats and fished off the beach in cayo guillermo, still fun, fish to be had, but apparently the south shore is where its at.

stay away from Dominican right now....there is a big viral or bacteria infection going around. Some one I know caught it in her eye and she had to stay there in hospitals for an extra week. Her eye would have exploded if she flew in a plane, it was that swelled. I have been to Cayo Coco 3 times and the water is awsome there for snorkeling and swimming

Thanks for the link ! Nice pics !

How was the beach?

My GF loves snorkeling and I heard Cayo COco sometimes gets hit with alot of wind makin snorkeling / swimming a pain.

Too bad... May's the best time for that!!

I'm sure she wouldnt be dissapointed though...

Get us some pics!