Simcoe March 4

icefisherman

Started very early today - was driving on the ice at 6:30am...went to Willow Beach first...changed locations 3 times...got 2 bumps and that was it...there was sea of people/cars/trucks out there today....only saw 4 fish on the ice...tried going to the Innisfil Beach Park area but the crack didn't allow me...had to go to the road and back to the ice at Island Grove...around Snake Island and barely made it as there was another crack but it was flat right near shore...fished there in 78 fow....it was herring after herring after 20 herrings...have never caught herring before but couldn't keep them off my hooks today...and some good sizes too...got one whitie and ....one perch...that was it aside from the herrings...very tough day. Had to really work hard for this whitie...took picture with my cell phone (forgot the camera) but cannot find it now....oh well...next time...

Tons of ice out there...some raised cracks and not a flake of snow...but super sleepery...did fell once and my elbow is hurting now.

Not sure what is the deal....seems thw worst weather days fishing is good....and good weather days fishing sucks ....it's been like that all ice season.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Great report icefisherman :thumbsup_anim:

Some days are like that and other days just phenomenal..... but at least you got out and that is way more better than staying at home and watching TV :canadian:

Any length to the whitie?? sound like it gave you quite a fight!!

Leechman

I know the feeling it's been hard the last few times we have been out.

Colder days we do well and nice days we can't seem to land a fish.

Looks like this saturday it's going to be a nice day so will give Simcoe one more try

haven't read the reg's on the cisco fishery,, is there a catch and keep or no? i let 'em go, but they look tasty.

either way , catching herring beats a skunk to me and they're a decent fight for their size.

gotta watch that snowless ice,, went ass over tea kettle on sunday as well.

totally agree on the bad weather call for good fishing . a good west wind , snow coming down and a 99 on the barometer

is usually a good pike bite on lake x.

i'm with leechman , any slow day out on it is better than date with the tube.

thanks for sharing your tough day.

Yes Joey,

"that spot" was the last one before I got off the lake at Innisfil...didn't get anything there...you must have caught them all with Paul last time :Gonefishing::clapping:

Leechman, didn't measure the whitie but it was not the largest one I caught this season.

Waterwoolf,

Herrings are illegal to keep, so I let them all go but I think it's time to allow 1 or 2 per day limit for next season. Tons of them this year for sure.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman