Steelhead?

ball9320

I Know its a bit premature but these mild days have me wondering if there is any good spots east of GTA right now where the ice is broken up pretty good. If anyone's been out in the last few week lemmie know what its like, I can't wait much longer, Im petty close to lower grand too so if anyone's been over there that would be great too!

Yeah I figured that, I have about 4 or 5 spots im thinking of checking, Im just at school like 2 hours away and wondering how thick the ice is in general over there in pools and such with the few days of mild weather we got (I realize faster runs will be clear) if i decide to make the trip.

I will say that the rivers have been clear of ice for the most part. They will get some skim at night but the high salt content from the road runoff seems to be even keeping that at bay.

I was fishing in - 8 last weekend with NO freeze up on the line/float.

Can you say rock salt?

Guest steel'n'esox

Fished an east trib today, water vis was 3 to 6 inches due to street and storm drain runoff, about a dozen fish caught, from 7 to 11am more rains will total that river, but smaller creeks should stay somewhat fishable. With cold temps over the weekend slush buildup and line icing will be a problem, flows have increased, water temp was 34 degrees f.