Custom Rod Blanks?

okumasheffield

That's correct Chris, I've seen the blanks including the 15'er and they're pristine.

For those of you who like the new GLX's but aren't too thrilled with the sub par factory build here's your chance! :D

Already posted for sale in the floatboard classifieds:

have 3 GLX Floatrod blanks,

1- STR 1562 GLX blank $650.00 cdn

1- STR 1563 GLX blank $650.00 cdn

1- STR 1803 GLX blank $700.00 cdn

These are factory rods that have been stripped. The blanks have been completely cleaned and are in pristine condition. There is a small amount of epoxy residue where the handle was. This would be less than 20" from the butt of the rod. These rods took me no less than 4 hours each to strip and considering the retail on these rods the value of my labour is pretty low. I would prefer that you would pm me if you are interested. These prices are firm. No trades. Pick-up only. I am in the Niagara region.

They are not offered in a blank.....if you read carefully, Solo said he stripped them down himself. I've done it too and trust me, it takes a long time to strip them properly without damaging the blank. Solo is the man for the job though, I think he has stripped a ton of rods over the years!

RR

They are not offered in a blank.....if you read carefully, Solo said he stripped them down himself. I've done it too and trust me, it takes a long time to strip them properly without damaging the blank. Solo is the man for the job though, I think he has stripped a ton of rods over the years!

RR

Actually in this case RR Solo has just copied and pasted my buddies ad from floatfishing.net.

I also concur that stripping rods is a very time consuming tedious job, extremely labour intensive!

lots to chose from!! depending what your looking for in a rod.. I carry Loomis canada and rainshadow blanks but the options and prices are endless!!! I build the rods reasonable to keep costs down and art work is endless on the blank too....

CCRods and fly tying.....

Edited by niagara

lots to chose from!! depending what your looking for in a rod.. I carry Loomis canada and rainshadow blanks but the options and prices are endless!!! I build the rods reasonable to keep costs down and art work is endless on the blank too....

CCRods and fly tying.....

I'd love it if Loomis still made float rod blanks, but they don't unfortunately.

On a side note I'm very very impressed with the 13' 2pc Rainshadow XST blank. Fantastic blank to build a custom rod with and not too expensive.

Its spec's are very similar to the highly touted 13' IMX but it's got way more power in the butt.