Help on pike and perch!!!

silvio

Hey to all the pike and perch experts out there I was wondering if you can please help me out. There is a local river near my cottage its has pike and perch year round but I wasn’t to sure if there would be pike and perch during the winter. So hears some info the river is an average of 12 ft deep has heavy weed cover and is relatively slow flowing. so my question is if the weeds are still green do you guys and gals think pike and perch will stay in this type of water I no the answer can be 100% but if there is no way theses species will stay in this habitat then I wont bother even trying but if there is a possibility then I might just have to give it a shoot.

"its has pike and perch year round"

I would assumed you answered your own question already! LOL Honestly I would say there should be no reason why they wouldn't be there this time of year. If you can locate the weeds or other structure that you are familiar with start there. See if you can jig up some perch, if so the pike will not be too far away. Try fishing weed line edges and deeper pockets with in the weeds for pike, try a big sucker minnow under a float. Good luck.

p.s. Your signature picture exceeds the 500 by 75 pixel limit, dial-up killer.