Strike Master auger help!!

iceslayer

I have a strike master 2hp auger. (the digger, not the lazer). A while ago I went way up north and hit some brutal temps and after every hole (sometime halfway through) I would have to chip the ice away from the blade and the spike. I accepted it there because it was -30. Yesterday at Lake Simcoe, not so brutaly cold, but same thing.. This is kinda taking away the joy and ease of owning one, finally.

Does anyone experience? What can I do? Some sort of oil base something????

Thanks

Jim

I have had it happen to me if i wait to long between holes. Maybe clean the area of the ice You wanna drill before u make the hole. Or go get yourslef a jiffy model 30 :whistling: I know a lot of my friends have a lot of problems with strike master. But i guess as long as it cuts its all good.

i have a ten year old 2hp jiffy and the same problem happens to me half way through or so i find if u just lift it up and down a couple times hard enough but not to hard to while cutting then resume cutting i find it solves the problem it works great you dont even have to take the auger out of the hole and i was fishing yesterday almost -40 at 530 in the morning