Getting Hooked Episodes

Zubris21

Just to let anyone know who is interested. The new season of getting hooked with Aaron and Barry started 3 weeks ago. Previous seasons were available for download on their website. This year they changed things and put the episodes up as Streaming Videos. Many people who may want to watch the episodes multiple times, or have bad internet connection (like me) find this a nuisance.

Anyways someone on their board mentioned this and Aaron posted a few links to websites which allow you to download and save these videos. Firefox has an add on, which I installed and am currently working on downloading this weekends episode.

Heres the link to Aaron's post....

Aarons Post

I forgot that the new season was out but i did manage to catch the show on saturday at 12:30, btw it was a great show! These guys have really made a great show here and i wish them all the best :) I can't wait to see what those two will be fishing for next saturday!

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. A friend told me this thread was here regarding our on-line videos.

Yes, we have a new format this year with streaming Flash videos. We find it better with fewer clicks, and we can add more information on the same page regarding each specific episode, again, with only one click. We realize that some people prefer to download Windows files, but Flash is a more widely used format worldwide, and we have many countries worldwide viewing the videos. Offering both formats is much too cumbersome, so we settled on Flash.

We hope the people who prefer to download the vids have good success with the many programs that are available to download Flash. If anyone here has tried any of them and has recommendations for the better programs, please let me and others know. I believe that most of the programs are designed to download Flash from YouTube, so it will be interesting to know if they work with a higher quality Flash vid like on our site.

Good fishing, and we hope everyone enjoys our new season of Getting Hooked!

Aaron

Thanks Aaron for putting the episodes online, it really is a pretty unique idea, at least when it comes to fishing shows. My favorite are the smallie episodes on Erie and the Upper Niagara. I also can't wait to see the new smallie episode coming up so where you guys supposedly try something different. Should be a beauty.

Alright, there's a way to download them without all of those softwares...

After looking in the source for the video source, basically where it is located, you can copy paste that after http://www.gettinghooked.net/HERE

This may be a little complicated for some of you, so here are the download links for the first 3 episodes.

Make sure that if it asks, you want to save these files.

Episode 1: http://www.gettinghooked.net/Episode_01_2009_Grand_Cats.flv

Episode 2: http://www.gettinghooked.net/Episode_02_2009.flv

Episode 3: http://www.gettinghooked.net/Episode_03_2009.flv

Alright so seems to be only the first episode with a different name, but it look's like there's a pattern.

On the page where you are watching the video, let's say "http://www.gettinghooked.net/Episode_03_2009.html" replace the .html at the end with .flv, and that should be the right download link.

You than need some software to watch the flv files, i have adobe flash, which comes with a viewer, so i don't need one, but if you need one, here's a free one you can download that works.

http://www.download.com/FLV-Player/3000-13...4-10467081.html

Good luck!

If something doesn't work, just ask.

Rico..

Edited by Rico24

Thanks again for the comments guys.

Rico, thanks for posting that. That makes sense. Have you tried it out? Does it work well for you? If it works well, I can add the specific link on each episode page for the people who want to download the file to their pc.

Good fishing!

Aaron

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.. we have spoken with WFN recently, and they may be interested in airing our show this year. We hope they will see the benefit of airing a Canadian TV show and be able to find space for us this year on their network.

Will keep you all posted with times if we are able to acquire air time on WFN.

Good fishing!

Aaron

Have you tried it out? Does it work well for you? If it works well, I can add the specific link on each episode page for the people who want to download the file to their pc.

Aaron

It works well, at least for me it does, i don't know if anyone else tried, but it should work for others as well.

Thanks for letting me know Rico. I will start to post the specific links on each page so that people can download the episodes if they want.

Hi BigSmallie, although I'm sure it would help, I would not want to be responsible for a flood of e-mails going to WFN and tick them off. Thanks for the offer though. They are talking with us, and hopefully things will go well. I'll keep you all posted.

Good fishing!

Aaron

This is good news Aaron!

When I first got WFN, I was totally expecting to see your show there. I was surprised and disappointed that it wasn't. Why wouldn't they want your show? More Canadian content the better imo.

Anyways, I look forward to it! But in the meantime, I'll keep watching your episodes on my little computer monitor from this uncomfortable chair.... :P