Laker/whitey help needed please.

silvio

So I’ve been watching ice fishing videos for over an hour now and I dieing literally to go for whiteys and Lakers. I’ve been a few times without much success. I got 3 Williams half and half quite a few meegs and bad boyz and tube jigs to tip them with and Got sonar… My few question are these…

-pound test used?

-size of minnows

-is chumming needed?

- setting up a set line

1. Spreader

2 single hook on a slip float?

- how far is the walk out of bear point?

- tips for bear point ( you can pm me if you prefer)

-were to park at bear point.

- any thing else I should know?

Really cant wait to head out… playing hooky from school to go perch fishing Thursday.

Side report roaches point was ok on Sat quite lots of dinks about 5-6 inches or black ice were we were give or take 20-25 fow.

Thanks in advance

-6lb mono

-people still use minnows?? ( med ones are best, smalls get ste up by the herring)

- chumming is not needed, some do it some dont it works either way but I wouldnt worry about it

- single or spreader. better chance of lakers with the single but they both work.

- fish the bottom, if you dont you'll be catching more herring then anything else.

-6lb mono

-people still use minnows?? ( med ones are best, smalls get ste up by the herring)

- chumming is not needed, some do it some dont it works either way but I wouldnt worry about it

- single or spreader. better chance of lakers with the single but they both work.

- fish the bottom, if you dont you'll be catching more herring then anything else.

Thanks bud.

Hey there, headin' out for some Lakers? Well if i'm goin' to fish the deep waters, I'll run an Abu Koster or even a 1oz. Swedish Pimple tipped with salted cut-bait...........start at the bottom, jig there for about 10min., if nothing, reel up another 15ft. or so, do this all the way to 10ft. under the ice! Or, if you got the cash,(I don't)get yourself a portable fish finder, so you can see where the fish are in that water column!

Hey Silvio,

Been flogging the trout and whiefish on Simcoe for a few years and here's what works for me. I jig with the small williams on a light to medium set up. Normal spinning reel with good drag and I like 10lb braid now over mono and tie in a flouro leader. I do chum the whole a bit every 1/2 or so. Small bits of cooked spaghetti colored with neon food coloring. I can't count the number of whitefish I've brought home over the years that have had spaghetti in their belly. When fishing in a group I beleive chumming makes fish stay around my area longer

Always fish a set line with 1-2 side lines and 3" minnows about 10-15 off the bottom. Catch trout and whitefish on this.