Navionics electronic charts

icefisherman

I use the Gold+ Emil. The platinum gives points of interest and some 3D overlays....I don't need nor want that.

I took this off the Navionics site.

"The marine Gold+ charts have depth contours, spot soundings, buoy information, obstruction information, show the chart in a paper like view (the water has different shades of coloring), the Xplain feature (which explains different icons on the chart), has major coastal roadways, NavPlanner compatible, enhanced port services & the availability of the free Fish'N Chip (offshore bathymetric information). The marine Platinum charts have the same information as the Gold+ charts but additional advanced "award winning" features such as Coastal Points-Of-Interest, Panoramic Port photos, geo-referenced Coast Pilot Books, top-down satellite photo overlay and 3D view for land & water."

The Navionics HotMaps 2008 Premium cards are on sale right now because the 2009 cards are out. You can save $50 with the 2008 if all your lakes are on it. Here's just one site selling them but if you Google Navionics Hotmaps you will find MANY more.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...requestid=28836

Got new Lowrance and am looking to buy a new Navionics card for it.....can't decide between the Gold+ and the Platinum card.

Any one used/have seen both?

I'd appreciate all comments and advice.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Ice Fish,

I work for Navionics and if I can answer any questions from anyone on this site let me know. lcarr at navionics dot come. In reply to your question, it depends on a couple of factors:

1) What plotter are you going to use?

2) Where are you fishing?

3) What size kind/size boat?

4) What is your budget?

ANswer those questions and we'll go from there.

I will also be at the Toronto Show this weekend...stop by if any of you are at the show.

Larry

Ice Fish,

I work for Navionics and if I can answer any questions from anyone on this site let me know. lcarr at navionics dot come. In reply to your question, it depends on a couple of factors:

1) What plotter are you going to use?

2) Where are you fishing?

3) What size kind/size boat?

4) What is your budget?

ANswer those questions and we'll go from there.

I will also be at the Toronto Show this weekend...stop by if any of you are at the show.

Larry

Hi Larry and appreciate your involvement Bud!

I am sure lot of us on this board can use your kind assistance on Navionics.

I've been on all recent shows but will not be able to make it this year.

I'll email you my info in a minute and look forward to chatting with you there.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman