callender bay ice report

centerpin_drift

drove from collingwood to northbay yesterday to stay with my cousin on my way to the island in temagami in order to hit nipissing for the first time. this morning a good friend and I fished right off the sewage plant warm hole where a couple shacks are located. the fishing was tough, just a few perch and a stink fish (herring), ice was around 18 inches where we sat, cant really say what the depth was around the warm hole 75 feet west of our holes, but lots of ice to drive on. Later on in the day we hit callender bay for walleye which didn't produce much, but man was it great to see that northern sun set on the ice again. The ice in callender was around 11-13 inches, lots of cars on the ice so we drove out aswell. As heard in Big Eds Bait, the water in callender was very stained tea coloured from the water fluctuating alot in the past weeks making the fishing tougher. All in all my first day on nipissing will go down as one of my favorite.

Im sitting in temagami as i write, gearing up to hit some of my favorite fishing spots in the entire world first thing in the morning. hopefully i'll have something nice to post tomarrow.

mike

317.JPG

319.JPG