little lake???

pikeie

well i will be heading out on little lake just north of barrie tomarrow, will have my flotersuit on for safty. anyways i was wondering if anyone knows what r some good spots for some gills, i have also heard that there r crappie in there but i have never had much luck with them??? i will also have a tipup set up for any pike that decides to swim by. so if anyone can give me any tips and tricks for little it would be very much appricitaed, this will be my second time ice fishin this lake and the first time all i got were tiny perch and some 12 inch pike lol haha.

I dont mind helping you out with this at all Bud!

Little Lake, Barrie....just off Duckworth Street is great fun at first ice.

Was always my fav first ice spot.........

Sure the Pike are little snot rockets but they are a ton of fun...'specially if you run into the ones about 5-6lbs........RunNGun is the way to go!

Dont know much about the perch,bluegills and crappie but the pike were plentiful.....

We'd use a bell sinkler right on the bottom with a treb tied about 6" up tipped with a minnow.

From the launch..walk straight out near 100yds and your most likely in the deepest part of the lake at 2meters....put your holes towards the south and east from there in a grid pattern about 15' apart and sit back and enjoy all your tip-ups and stands getting hit.

Tip-ups are the best because they set the hook for you where , when toothy guy hits, you must have patience to let him run before you set the hook.

Watch out for the looney tune snowmachine idiots...they have the ice track there for the racing and they dont give 2 hoots about folk fishing.

Very shallow lake............Iv eheard that the slabs and other panfsh are to the south of this location approx., 1/4 mile.

Have a blast Bud..........we always did.

pete