Have You Lost Anything Down The Hole?

Clampet

Only thing I've lost down a hole was a few years back sitting in a hut on Simcoe I lost the little metal clip that comes on the OFC blue hand towels. Replaced it with a small mountain climber type clip. That's all I have lost but I remember my friend the year before that dropping his forceps down the hole and we watched them do a slow spiral the whole way down til they were out of site )

I remember my Dad losing his glasses in an outhouse. Had to get his rod (fishing type) out to get them back. What a funny sight - a 70 plus year old man walking through the campground, rod in hand, heading for the crapper. Lots of people asking what species he was going after and what he was using for bait.

Oops, wrong hole.....

Nothing to report through the ice.

4 years ago on Lake Nipissing our group lost 2 rods and a tip up down the hole. One rod was mine. I dropped down a williams ice jig to try and get it back, which I thought I did right away, but instead it was my best walleye of the trip. I put the camera down the hole to see if the rod was in the area and the lens was bumping against the reel handle. Managed to get my rod back along with the other rod and the tip up.

Last year a friend left his rod in the cup holder of his chair while he came over to talk to me, when a big gust of wind tipped over the empty chair and sent his rod down the hole. He got it back after about an hour, but shortly after that he tried to set hook on a fish, hit the brim of his ballcap and sent a pair of sunglasses about 10 feet into the air and straight down the hole. Never got those back.

Today, a buddy of mine tied up a bad boy to his leader and put it in the hole, only to realize that he didn't tie his leader to his mainline.