Ice fishing cooks bay south shore..

codered

We walked out off the end of Gilford road yesterday. Bite was slow but we managed probably around 90-100 between 3 of us. There are some rental huts about 1.5 km south of Gilford road (I think they may Ice Cabins huts). They're probably about 1/2-3/4 km from shore. Not too sure how they made out. By mid to late morning it was like watching the caribou migration out there. Seemed as if everyone was migrating out towards the middle of the bay to deeper water.

If you go out from Gilford road, go north till you are about even with Kontiki and approx. 1/2 km from shore in 20-25 ft of water. I have a spot on my GPS that I've hit 2 times last year and ended up going to yesterday. I has not let me down yet. No weed cover just a mud flat but I think the perch cruise in and out of there feeding on the little shrimp as all the ones we caught had mouth and belly full of them.

Good luck out there.

Ice was around 2 inches of white on top of 5-6 inches of black. Saw a few guys on bikes and a couple of idiots blasting up and down the shoreline at mach chicken on sleds.

Walking was relatively easy with the odd section bare and slippery, but with studs on my boots it was no problem.

PB

I would call that the east side of cooks bay

but

there were guys out from Roches Point, and that is the north point of cooks where it opens up to the big lake, so every thing south should be kind of all right

I would carry a spud and check, this time of year I do that everywhere just in case, but I would guess you should be good...guess..