Rapala Collection... so far...

profisher25

I do most of my fishing chasing smallmouths around in the shallow waters of the Thames R. and pretty much all of my Rapalas are floating models. My first lure of the day will almost always be a little 2inch floater in a rainbow trout pattern.

One thing I learned with the floaters is that when I get a snag and have to break it off, half the time the stupid lure will then decide to come loose and then float to the surface. So now I try to position myself downstream before I break off and I have a chance to catch it.

Or at least a chance to wave goodbye as my $7.00 lure floats away into the sunset. :(

Well Profisher25, I've caught musky on the chrome, gold chrome & perch colours. The thing I like the most about these Super Shads is you can troll them very fast and they don't roll over. Some lures once you get to a certain speed they stop wobbling and start rolling. That isn't going to catch you any fish, only twist up your line.

lol ... I'm tempted to start a thread to see what people has to say about "worst rapala out of all the models" ... it seems that they engineer great products and there isn't any that people dislike.

personally i think you should get some original floaters as well.

The worst? That's easy. I bought a bunch of the Risto Raps when they came out a few years ago.

I've yet to catch a single fish on any of them.

(if anyone wants a bunch of Risto Raps send me your address and I'll mail them to you :D )