a new sweetspot

BassAsin

so as i had said leechman i was gonna have to self take photos! and i did it turned out to being a great time on the water, as i said in my report yesterday one of my favourite pike holes has a few walters in it as i found out yesterday. so rather than pack up at my usual 4- 415 when the pike stop biting i figured i'd tough it out till dark and try for an eye. at 34 below with wind i thought i was gonna freeze! so instead of hitting the 12-16 foot area i fish pike i moved out a bit and found a lil' over 20' i got set up and right away a hit a small perch i ended up with 7 of them all in the 10-13" range catching them on 2/0 wide gap hooks and 4-5" minnows. i ended up losing a nice pike in the 5-6 lbs range at the hole and caught 2 other small ones. just as the sun started to set one line slowly went down and sure enough a nice walter. at dark i figured i'd freeze the tips of my fingers off and pull my lines as i was pulling the second one up i got a hit and set the hook a second walter!!! so after letting all my fish go i catch two nice wallies and end up with a good feeed! to top it all off i saw a nice healthy doe in a back yard on the way to the lake and snapped a blurry photo. pretty cold as u can see the ice on the beard and the walter pics are in the tub thawing a bit so i can clean em it was too cold to take more pics on the ice and too dark

2_walter.jpg

doe_doe.jpg

1219081436_00.jpg

1219081553_00.jpg

1219081554_00.jpg

Edited by BassAsin

Great job BassAsin :thumbsup_anim: and nice pics too :thumbsup_anim:

Seems like your posing for a magazine of some sort on the first 3 pics :whistling: No No No just joking :lol:

At -34C that is pretty dang cold and kudos to you for going out and brave the elements out in the open :clapping:

Good on ya for sticking it out and catching a couple of walters for the feed :clapping: You'll be having a good lunch tonight :thumbsup_anim:

That doe sure looks like a mature one 2 1/2 - 3 years old B)

Keep those reports coming and wish me luck tomorrow.... going to a new lake.... just can't wait B)

Leechman

Great job BassAsin :thumbsup_anim: and nice pics too :thumbsup_anim:

Seems like your posing for a magazine of some sort on the first 3 pics :whistling: No No No just joking :lol:

At -34C that is pretty dang cold and kudos to you for going out and brave the elements out in the open :clapping:

Good on ya for sticking it out and catching a couple of walters for the feed :clapping: You'll be having a good lunch tonight :thumbsup_anim:

That doe sure looks like a mature one 2 1/2 - 3 years old B)

Keep those reports coming and wish me luck tomorrow.... going to a new lake.... just can't wait B)

Leechman

yea very healthy doe i would guess the same on age maybe about 120 dressed out, fairly heavy lookin doe. dont know who would want a mug like mine in a mag but it may be worth a try! the elements were harsh but well worth it and yes one of the 2 tasted great already the other is breakfast.

Edited by BassAsin