Nipissing Ice Update

sandybay

I wish it were like that right across the lake... now with all the rain we've had...we stand a better chance of actually being able to cross with the trucks this year.

Cache Bay is the same and most of the west arm as well... now if the big lake can do the same we'll be in good shape...we need a BIG cold snap..

Randy From Sturgeon :canadian: :canadian:

....strange isn't it! A week ago I was telling everyone we'd have disastrous ice and now we're making ice! My little rink in my backyard is loving it too! To think I was cursing that rain while it was coming down. The lakes here in Elliot Lake are close!

Yippeeee!!! :thumbsup_anim: we were a little woried after reading a few threads about "the thaw"....it'll be our first time up this early (jan 8).....we usually go up 2nd week of feb.. but we keep gettin skunked ( no its not us) lol.....if anyone can keep us updated on the ice conditions that would be great.

thx

phil :santa:

hahaha i hope so bernie, no shovelling the past week has been great and as for the -20's wear an extra layer on the lake is all, drove past the lookout between wasi and callander this AM and the lake is froze over as far as the eye can see. and if i recall about 2 weks ago before the "thaw" i had said in a thread that a couple warm days with rain followed by cold is the best thing our lakes could get!