who's zoomin 'who ?

waterwolf

hit a new deer stand this eve for the 1st time, what a kick in the pants that was . set up at about 2:30 in the wind and snow blowin' in at about 30k's . saw a few squirrels , things were very slow but when you know there's a really decent buck in the area you never know when things could just explode. [i'm telling myself]. ok, no explosion, so i grab my gear and head'r out to meet my huntin' buddy. he has had a similar experince. zip . we're out at the truck now , removing layers of clothing ,, talking, warming up the truck [with performance exhaust],, he asks for the nikons . "you won't believe" he says. even in the dieing light we can make out the ouline of a really good doe at about 250 yards ,,,,,,smiling at us. we weren't out for more than 20 minutes . where'd she come from? did we laugh . even the the most uneventful hunts sometimes turn into memorable ones , as i sit here scratching my head. i think i was the one being watched. always great seeing deer , even at a distance. tomorrow's another day . round two.