spinners i have been working on

spinnerdoc

Nice set of spinners there 'doc.I have a question about #'s 6&7.What type of barrels are they?Just craft beads.Also does the bead atop of the spinner affect it's rotation.I've done quite a few over the last couple of years using RealPro's components.Very good stuff.However I've found that if I use big blades sizes 5 and up and not enough weight in the body it won't drop enough to keep the spinner rolling or the blade ends up being the weight on the cast which can mean anything when it hits the water.Sometimes ok, a lot of times a wasted cast in a productive spot.Most of what I make I'm using the basic chart Realpro has for spinner weight ratio's and it seems pretty good.I do like to add things like the wedding bands and cut glass beads you find in craft shops.It adds a personal touch to your own creation.Also painting your blades to reflect what you might think will work.

Here's couple of mine: Finished this spinnerbait the day before:

100_1005__Small_.jpg 100_1013__Small_.jpg

I like the silver #7 spinner with white/red hair trailer for fast retrieves.Heavy enough to punch out there and with a 7to1 reel I can keep it right up top even with a thin dressing.Those spinnerbaits are 2 to 2 1/2 oz.That bass was caught off a shoal 15 ft down slow rolling.I'm leaning more to 1 to 1 1/2 oz with the spinnerbaits just for ease of retrieve.

Kerry

zib, the spinners with the spun rabbit hair up top bef the spinner haven't caught any yet since i have not used them to fish... i have however tested them on the water to see how they look, and the rabbit hair gives a nice jelly fish like action when you pause and retrive, and the tail end will of course vary depending what kind of soft plastic you dress it with the brown one i chose has a nice action to it, it a saltwater softy from berkely

kerry, if i remember it right they were called brass lure bodies got them at angling specialties. i like them actually #6 i like better you can place it just after the spinner. as for the beads after the spinner i find the work well. i know there is a brass piece that usually used like in the ones mepps does. #6 and 7 were one of the first few that i made .

as for the large spinners i made an inline once with this huge spinner and put 5 hematite beads and lead wieght and man my rod was bending just retrieving it. i don't do much trolling just casting and retrieving so the depths i controll by counting down and the speed of the retrieve.

those are nice spinners you got there. i like the yellow/golden spinner the most.