When looking for a float rod....

chickenhawk

Okay well right now i've been using my 8.5 ft. St. Croix for float fishing but obviously i need to go bigger....well i want to get a 13 foot St. Croix.....but what weight should i look for? light, medium, medium light etc. anyways any replies would be greatly appreciated at this point as i am making a xmas list for my mom...lol....hmm wat else do i want.....brand new remington .270 rifle would be a good idea as well.....lol anyway let me know thanx

Hawk

If you want both the rod and rifle..... Check out the streamside rods at Angler Outfitters in Woodstock. Under 100.00 bucks lifetime warranty that is OVER the counter you WILL be amazed by the quality of them..... That price should leave enough in the Xmas budget for someone to give you the gun also LOL. Fun to dream isn't it.

what systems are you fishing??

Niagara, Notty, the Saugeen are large systems that offer ideal conditions for a 13-15' rod with good backbone for fighting them in the fast stuff. The longer rod also offers more direct float control which equals a better presentation resulting in increased hook ups. :thumbsup_anim:

Smaller tribs equal 10'-13' med/light rods or even shorter depending on the bush whacking involved.

In my opinion you can't go wrong with a 13'-13'.5 rod with a bit of backbone.

RF

15 foot Loomis frontier is ok for your situation if those are the systems you’re fishing ravens are to heavy you'll die holding one all day in the 15 foot range. If your going 15 ft look around consider the frontier, weight is a big factor with rods this length.

nah i'm a st. croix man....all i need is a 13 i dont need anything bigger....ive been using and 8.5 on these river systems for about 4 years now and havent had any problems landing fish......but after the other day i was havin some difficulty casting with my centre pin on the 8.5....so i'll go to a 13 and thats as big as ill go....

Hawk

nah i'm a st. croix man....all i need is a 13 i dont need anything bigger....ive been using and 8.5 on these river systems for about 4 years now and havent had any problems landing fish......but after the other day i was havin some difficulty casting with my centre pin on the 8.5....so i'll go to a 13 and thats as big as ill go....

Hawk

Pin on an 8.5ft rod ??? That must of looked funky. St.croix only makes one rod 13ft ... the wild river..I have been fishing mine for almost 10 years, without a problem...Great rod for the money