Steelie Report

tipupesox

Woke up early in the morning to the sound of rain. It was decieded the night before to start at a large Lake Erie trib that my friend lives on. Roll into his residence at 7 AM and we drive upstream to an area were the creek splits. We get our gear on and head down to the creek in the dark. Get down to the water and flash the headlamps towards the water, creek is already chocolate. We leave to try some of the medium to small creeks farther south which consist of slate bottoms. First stop is a medium trip that we fished last week and it is running low and clear and we did not see any other cars around. We start fishing our first hole of the morning, no takers. Move farther down stream, hit a nice buck that jumps out of the water like a missile several times and does a tail walk. Fish eventually got off but it was an excellent fight. In the background l hear voices. Next thing I know I see three fly lines dropping from the tressel ledge and two other gentlemen entering behind me. One asks me in a French Canadian accent, how is the fishing. Later found out they were from Quebec. I told him it was okay until you showed up. I am so tired of people crowding your space. I left the pool to them and walked farther downstream to meet my friend. This is the hole where we caught the majority of our fish last week, hole contains several downed trees. My friend hooked up with several fish on a pink Berkley Power Bait trout worm and I had two on a pink and white jig. Unfortunately the fish got the better of us, none landed. Until next time.....

Tom