If only.......

speckchaser

Have had my boat since '92 (15.5' Sylvan Seamonster with at 40H.P.) kept it in my dads driveway for the first 7 years,this being a necessity because of apartment living. Had easy access to it and could go out went ever I liked. Then I was able to keep it the Haliburton area at the place we spend most of our fishing time. Bought a house in '03 but no garage and a lot of work to keep it in the yard, so it still resides in the Haliburton area. But damn I wish it was closer....lol. Would love to be able to hook it up and just go like the old days. But then again its older now and rides on a roller trailer, and have had to gut it once already to tighten up 4 rivets. So travelling it 250-300 km's on a weekend has made me decide to keep it there. But now comes the time to go up and winterize it and tarp it up for another year because there will be less time to get up and go out. But I refuse to put my 12f.t. on top of it this year when it tarp it. Did that last year and we had the warmest fall ever. So this year I might even try flatlining for lakers in the 12f.t. with my Minn Kota...should be interesting if the wind kicks up. Might even talk Skeeter into going...lol might need some more muscle to paddle it to shore in the wind. So this was just me ranting about the lack of time i give myself to get out and use the boat to fish...lol . But hopefuuly next year I will allow myself more time to relax and chase the those trout (my species of choice) or anything else that will take my bait. Heres to the hard water season may it come early and stay just long enough to cure everyones cabin fever and then get on with the open water in '09.. :blahblah1:

Edited by speckchaser