Loughborough Lake near Kingston

ozaibak1

Hi I'm excited to be going to fish a new lake on Saturday, Loughborough Lake located just north of Kingston. From what I've heard its a fisherman's paradise, with the deeper west end producing lake trout and the shallower east side producing bass and pike a plenty.

If anyone's fished this lake for bass / pike and can offer tips, they would be appreciated. Also if someone could pm or post a depth chart of the lake, that would be invaluable.

This will possibly be the last fishing trip of the year for me although I hope to get out next weekend as well, so lookin forward to a great trip and will hopefully have a nice trip report to go along with it. Thx.

I've fished this lake a few times this year for the Kingston Bass Twilight Tourneys.

It's a beauty with lots of hockey stars, Akroyd, etc having places there.

If you're fishing bass, the East end (shallower end) is definitely the best. Make sure though, you watch your depth. I had to get my prop rebuilt 2 times this year from hitting shoals. They used to be marked but there's an on-going battle with the fishing guides and locals. If a local marks the spot, the guides remove them so others don't know where the best places to fish are. In turn, now the locals are throwing beer bottles on the guides shore-lunch areas. I have no proof but hear-say and visits to the Prop-Shop. :wallbash:

When you do head East (Division St Ramp), as you head down, you'll notice it hangs to the right. Stay in the middle...it gets extremely shallow. That being said, I've had great luck fishing the reed bed on the right as you going down with spinner baits and top water in the evening.

You'll then go thru an area where it's gets narrower. You should be fine there and a little way on your left, there will be a cottage with a green roof and a cove beside it. It's always produced well there for us, but again, watch out for shoals. There's are a few with big rocks and covered in weeds. As well, 1/2 way between it and the island you'll see, there's another weed bed that holds some huge bass.

There are a lot of pike in this lake too so be prepared for bite offs. <_<

I've been told as long as you follow pretty much the middle and parallel with the shore, you'll be okay.

Sorry I can't help other than this......I was trying to learn it this year myself and it's been a costly adventure. :whistling:

I hope it's okay to add this.....a web site you may want to check out is....

http://fishkingston.com/ocadmin/phpBB2/

These members are awesome and I'm sure someone may be able to assist.

Cheers and good luck.

Legacey

don't mean to butt in but i lived down in kingston for 25 years,i use to ride my ten speed from kingston to there rent a boat fish all day and paddle home lol.

anyways when you arrive in kingston the main turn is divison street turn off,so when you come up to the lights after turning off the 401 head north,follow that to boat launch,go on map quest and it will tell you the route to take,but division street is the best.

hope this helps....Oh monster smallies in the west end....

Hawg Hunter

Thx for the help the ppl on the Kingston fishing board are also very helpful, this seems like a dangerous lake for shoals! Anyways they offered me a depth chart for the lake, and one might meet me before launch to get me started, I'm lookin forward to this very much, and although I know pike are pesky for many of you, I've never actually caught one (none or very very few in Kawarthas) so I don't mindem!