Pike in Nine Mile Lake Torrance Muskoka???

Jeff mcdonald

What do you think about this one!!!!I've fished Nine Mile Lake for 30 years and there are only Large Mouth, Perch, Mud cats and Sunfish in the lake.  2 weeks ago I heard and saw the picture that someone fishing for the day caught an 8lb Pike at the end of the Lake.  If this is true, where did the Pike come from?  I know in nearby Morrison (the next lake SE), Pike have moved in over the last 5 years but most are hammerhandles.  This lake is very far away and I doubt that Pike could move 10km through a swamp.Why an 8lber???  I'd expect a few snakes before a decent size fish.  Could this fish have truly just migrated here, and why has only 1 been caught (that I've heard of)?JMac

Maybe someone has illegally released it in there? For it to get that big naturally, there must be more than one...and pike being so aggressive, you think they'd be hard to not notice. On the other hand, the lake my parents are on has always been a strictly bass/walleye lake...but every few years you hear of someone claiming they caught a pike in there. ??? :dunno: