Awenda Prov. Park

ffej

Hi All

I may be going up to Awenda PP later this week for a few days. I have not been there in several years now, and cannot recall if there is anywhere to fish within the park grounds or not to far from it.

I do not have a boat so I am just really looking for a place to throw a line in from shore.

Thanks

Thanks for the tips.

Is the small lake you can fish from in same area that you drive down to for swimming (ie near the beaver pond trail) ? Or is this spot you are talking of somewhere else on the grounds?

Thanks again for any more info

I live across from the park, but have only ventured in once so not much help there. There is lots of shore fishing in Midland and Penetang Bays. The most popular spot seems to be Midland Bay, at Pete Peterson Park. I don't know what the rules are, but near the swimming areas in the park, on Georgian Bay, not the small lake, you might be able to throw some lines out???

Also, again I haven't ventured around much, only lived here a couple of years now :P , but I wonder if there might be a spot to wet a line from shore along Champlain Rd. ..... provided there's one without a cottage.

Oh, another spot, on the other side of Midland just past the old rail tracks, is Wye River, there's a parking area on the N/W side (little park I think) and I've seen people fishing there, might get some cats not sure.

If you don't mind a little driving there are other spots within 30 minutes or so of the park....namely Waubaushene and Coldwater...

Maureen