Halfway Lake Prov Park

gdelongchamp

This is my first post wherein I start a new topic. :thumbsup_anim:

I was on the Island yesterday (Manitoulin) checking out a boat launch area in preparation for the salmon run. It's a fisherman's dream. Also counted twelve deer in the same area.

Saturday I am heading up to Halfway Lake Prov Park for the weekend with the kids to check out the park and boat landing as well as the fishing of course. Anyone suggest any spots? I will be trolling and jigging windblown shore lines and small islands. I wish to get a feel of the lake and return later in September.

Spent a week at Windy Lake Prov park but it was extremely slow for everyone. It was also my first time at this park. A pretty lake with medium pressure. Did get a small pic and a burbot.

I spent a day near the hatchery on Manitoulin last weekend, beautifull weather made up for the lack of fish being caught. We got nothing. We were not outfitted with downriggers but simply jigging in 100' of water where ever our finder picked up fish.

I prefer to fish walleye over anything else and unfortunately got spoiled as I lived for twenty years on Mckenzie Island in Red lake. Also managed a fly in operation 100 hundred miles north of Red Lake for a couple of years. They even bite on beer bottles up there. lol.

So if anyone has any sugg for Halfway I will try them and submit a report.

Thank You.