Madawaska River @ Combremere/Barry's Bay

Reef Runner

Hello all,

Taking a camping trip to my old childhood summer stomping grounds on Wadsworth Lake near Barry's Bay at the end of the month. As the quality of fishing on this lake has declined in recent years (btw mikeymike, how'd you do?), I was considering renting a boat for the day on the Madawaska River. Preferably, I would like to rent a boat closer to Combremere as I'm more familiar with that stretch of river, plus renting a boat in Barry's Bay means facing the big water of Kaminiskeg in a small rental. I recall renting from a Marina years back but cannot find a listing. Any one know of an affordable and quality boat rental outfitter in the general area?

Thank you all who reply,

reefrunner

Hi RR,

I spent many years up in Combermere when I was kid on our summer vacations. Last time up there was Summer 05.

The marina I think you are referring to is Hydes Bay Marina, but I am not sure if they rent boats.

http://www.realontario.ca/listings/listing.asp?id=12314

There are some resorts around the area that might.

Hope this helps,

AC

You are gonna love fishing Kaszuby ;) Launch outta Lakeshore Dr. ( I think, the road running parallel to the Kamiskeg lake beach in Barry's Bay. You will see the launch from the beach.. You will love the fishing there :D Kasuzby lake is awesome too!

I'll give 'em a ring tomorrow Keram, Dziękują for the suggestion.

Hyde's Bay doesnt rent anymore, nor sell fuel. Thanks anyway Nemo, it was the right number. Changed thier name and tweaked the product.

Maybe it's the because of long weekend, or maybe the outfitters are just used to gouging us Polish, but man are rentals expensive around there.

Big thanks to those who replied, I hope to repay your kindness in fishing reports.