My new Boat

Rizzo

I've got a 2002 162 side console with a 40hp Johnson 4 stroke. Good boat, great on gas, not the best in rough water, overall very happy with it. I paid 13500 new, it was last years model still new on lot so price was marked down a bit. And like Fang said, could be a little wider inside, hard to get around when the 2 seats are side by side. Good for fishing with 2 people in boat, 3 would be crowded.

I have a 2000 162sc with a 40hp 4st rude. Does 31mph with 1 person.

It actually trolls too fast @ 900rpm, needed to put on plate.

2 ft waves can be rough.

Paid $11k 3 yrs ago, included fishfinder and 35 lbd bow mount.

I'd agree that the its a little narrow on the inside but I fish mostly by my self.

As far as the console being too far forward. It works well for me since I do alot of down rigging and tend to use the back more then the front. Also is a place to put the tube when heading out to pull the kids.

The next boat will likely be the 169.

thanks dartee, sounds like we paid comparable pricing (me maybe a bit more, but an extra 10 hp too). I picked up the boat last night, I'd swear the thing has never been used, not a mark on it (guy sold it for lack of use). I'll try and get some pictures up one of these days.

Because I also mainly fish alone and in smaller lakes, I figured this would be an ideal boat. Its a pretty light boat, I think with a 50 it'll move pretty good