Pinpoint 7520

brkygetr

Just picked up a 'new to me' graph from a buddy. It is a "Pinpoint 7520". I have never even heard of them before but when he said $100 I took the chance. Has anyone ever owned or have experience with this model. I have googled it and from what I can determine it is more common down south. Actually didn't find anything with Canadian content.

oh yeah and theres LOTS of buttons that I am sure is going to take me many pints to figure out as the manual did not come with it!!!!!!

Any help would be good.

Thanks and tight lines

• 2 weeks later...

If you decide to not use this Pinpoint, let me know I would be willing to take it off your hands. The Pinpoint system is actually pretty cool. This 7520 has capabilities to upgrade and add GPS. You can also tie other units together and read from the same transducer. I currently am running the TR-320 with a 7420. Dash and rear deck respectfully. I have added the Mapserver for the GPS and it is a great setup. Google the Mapsever for more info on that.

I am currently looking to add one more for the bow. either a 7420, 7520 or another TR-320

Let me know how you like it.

Brian

I don't have any information on that particular model.

If I remember correctly, Pinpoint originally offerred electric motors. They carried models which would track a specified distance from shore, or a specified depth. This required a transducer in the motor, so they starting offering fish finders that worked with their motors.

I beleive that they were bought out by Brunswick who make Mercury, Moterguide, and quite a few different boat lines.