livewell won"t pump water in

bobkayla

my livewell won"t pump the water in,, i don"t think there is a pump just pressure fed from the bottom of the boat. there is a switch on the console to flip but nothing happens..before i rip the deck off can anyone help with the problem..checked all the electrical connections and they seem fine thanks

If you flick the switch on your dash you should hear a humming noise coming from the livewell, indicating that the pump is working and trying to pump water. If you hear the humming and no water is entering the livewell, try putting your boat in reverse, sometimes the pumps get an air lock restricting the flow of water. If you hear no humming, either pump is faulty or electrical issue .......

Tom

My Grumman only has one pump for the livewell and a separate pump for the bilge. The livewell pumps water from the transom of the boat and the livewell has a stand pipe in the center of the livewell. When the water level gets up to the stand pipe it just overflows into the stand pipe and is discharged out the back of the boat.

Your boat should have a screen on the water intake pipe for the livewell. In not you may have debris in there. Both my pumps are now 23 years old and still ticking while I have more than once left them on when trailing the boat 80 miles home. I would of thought they would need replacing by now but so far so good.

Bob