Lake Dalrymple

tizfun

Hey everyone, Trying to get out this weekend, and was informed we have to stay closer to home as my wife made arrangements for us to go to an early dinner.. So I never been to this lake and I've heard so much about it.. Anyone have any tips on what to use and where to find a launch ramp

(public/pay) If you wish to give some secret info, you can pm me... lol

Thanks in advance, will post when we get back

Tiz

Dalrymple is 2 lakes, upper and lower I believe, the lower being very shallow. The 2 are connected by a narrow river rocky in spots but you can get through it. We stayed at a resort on the upper lake. the river passes under a bridge (can't remember the name of the road) and there is a ramp on the right side on the river and a area for parking. It is not the best but it works. We did catch some nice walleye at the end of the long point early in the morning but that was in october. Hope this helps and good luck.

Dalrymple has two parts. Upper Dalrymple(south part) and Lower Dalrymple(north part) there was a launch right in the

middle of two parts, but i haven't been there fora few years. Was tons of pike, some decent bass, odd walleye and big panfish back then.

Shouldn't be hard to find a launch it's a smallish lake.

Good Luck,

ehg

I've fished that lake a few times these past 2 years. Mattitude's got it right on for the launch, bring bug spray, it gets pretty crazy there.

Ehg already mentioned how the "upper" is actually the south end and the "lower" is the north end. I haven't explored the south end much but it seems that most people fish the north end. I can't help much in terms of fishing tips as I haven't had much success (it's just me though, others have done well), there is pike/bass/walleye/muskie/crappie in it.

If it's your first time there, and if you're fishing the north part, be extra cautious if you go up near Avery point. It's the long strip of land that sticks out, there's a very shallow area that extends far out into the lake and it's a very bad area for props.

Let us know how you make out.

The public launch is pretty brutal, like others have said, lots of bugs, long narrow lane to ramp. Lots of rocks and shallow at ramp, but doable. Can be a gong show in there. Having said all that, that's where I launched last time.

I believe there are two campgrounds on the Northwestern side of the lake that would have better ramp facilities although you would have to pay.

Last year there was a beer barrel a long distance off Avery point. Make sure you go around it!!!

In the past I've launched from Layzee Acres campground

www.layzeeacres.com

Concrete ramp, dock, lots of parking. It is located on the west side of lower Dalrymple ( northern half)

It was 15$ in and out