Emily Provincial Park

jimca11

I am planning a camping trip with my 2 boys (12 and 8) and was looking at Emily as it is fairly close and on the Pigeon river and lake. I expect the fishing to be decent but can't find much actual info on the park itself. If anyone has camped there I would be grateful for any insight on the sites. We will be tenting. Thanks Jim

Hey, we were there last year around this time with bunch of friends....most of the time was spent drinking, but of course we got out a few times..in the morning/evening, under the bridge can be good for wallys, we got a few decent ones up to 4.5 pounds down there...you can rent a canoe, and go out towards the main lake, and fish along the weedlines, and you should get decent numbers of bass and walleye, and of course musky is a possibility!

Hope to see some pictures next week!

I hope you've already made reservations, that park fills fast for the summer months. Fishing is great for largemouth in the lily pads. You can also get muskies on spinnerbaits and the odd walleye in the mornings or evenings on jigs.