cooks bay sunday morning

sash

met up with some hardwater buddies for some fishin in the morn, picked up the pikeslayer and tossed his kayak in the minivan and even got the rear door closed, headed over to the pikemasters place and got the little crafts set up and launched. my buddy in his kayak said the look on my face was priceless as the canoe worked over the waves, being in the front of the canoe was already a weird feeling nevermind not being the guy who decides which way we handle the waves. took a while to get comfortable but we handled the rollers just fine once we were accustomed to each other movements and before we new it we were boating litlle bass and an assortment of panfish. the pikeslayer was 1st to bring in something other then panfish with a nice largie, i was next with a very nice smallie in the 19' class as the pikemaster kept boating some really nice pumpkins and bluegills and never took his slip float off all morning.....he backlashed his baitcaster t'other night and hasn't got it cleaned up yet.lol

we stayed out till the sun decided to join us and the rollers started to cap a little, then as time was running short we decided to head her in a nice morning too bad they don't live closer to a smaller lake,lol.

misc004.jpg

Nice fish, I was there in the afternoon in my 14' tinny and it was pretty choppy. My little anchor couldn't hold bottom and we drifted with the wind fairly quickly... ended up staying in the small channels and catching tiny panfish.