Valens fishing Derby

Jaymerica

Does anyone know any info on the prizes for this derby? I just called Valens and the lady didn't seem to know much she had to look up every question I had. The advertisement I saw said 6:00am - 1:00pm she said its 5:00am - 2:00pm, The cost I read said $5.00 adult $3.50 kids she said its $4.00 for everyone? I forgot to ask about prizes.

All of the prizes are given by local business. Last year they had a FF, rod&reel combos, tickets to a Ti-cats game, t-shirts and hats, cooler bags and tackle packages. Most of it is crap, but the kids love it. They have trophies that you'll get your name on but stay at the park. The kids get trophies to take home if they win. The categories are bass & pike over 16yrs of age and bass, pike & panfish for under 16yrs of age. It's really a fun for the whole family type of tournament. The same guy has won the bass trophy for the last few years and a couple guys alternate winning the pike trophy. The # for info is 905-525-2183. The guy in charge is Gord, if I remember correctly, ask for him and you'll get more info. Most of the summer workers are students probably working their first summer and don't have the answers you're looking for.

I found a link to my report from last years derby.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...st=0#entry93984

Edited by jediangler

No nancur373 it's a "No Gas Motors" conservation area resevior.

Bigfisherman, they have a launch that is gravel into water less than 3ft deep. One big dock at the launch and kms of dock and wooden bridge fishing for shorebounders.

Here's a link to some pics of valens.

http://www.conservationhamilton.ca/InfoTra...alensphotos.asp?

Edited by jediangler